Sunday, August 2, 2009

North to Alaska

I think possibly this is my husbands first love. If he could live in Alaska, he would.

If I could live in New York, I would. And so we met somewhere in the middle and ended up in Idaho! Or maybe that was just because the farm can't move. So he has to head North every once in awhile to get a little taste of what he loves. What I want to know is when is my trip to New York???



And there is my Dad trying to catch "The Big One"

And it looks like he did.





It looks like Rhett had a little problem with the fish trying to catch him rather than the other way around!




And the catch of the day is . . . .

The best fishermen of them all? Shan, what a tough old gal!




Overall I think the trip was a success! I think Rhett is already booking his tickets for next time. But not before I book mine to New York!

Before Rhett left Jett put his order in for a red lobster and a red fish. And Dad delivered!

Sawyer got the moose.

19 boxes, 50 pounds each, 11 people. You do the math. That is a whole lot of fish. I don't think we will go hungry this winter.

2 comments:

Shalee said...

Rhett is such a goofball. And about that trip to NYC? You deserve a first class ticket sister! Rhett can handle them little yahoos for a week don't ya think? As a matter of fact..... it would only make sense if I went too, then Rhett and Jeff could do the Mr. Mom thing together, and cry on each others shoulder! lol. I can't wait to see you in a few weeks! Love ya!

The Wiseman Life said...

Looks like Rhett and your Dad had a great time. Those pictures were awesome! Looks like you will be eating MuChO fish!
Kris served his mission in Alaska & went back up for a few years to live afterwords...we almost moved up there and bought a bed n breakfast! lol He loves it up there as well.
Yes, you need to go to NYC..if you need company I know Mckayla, Mari & I are always game!!!! Love ya