Saturday, October 18, 2008

Happy 3rd Birthday Jett!

Can it be true that I have a three year old already! The years have passed by so quickly. Three years and nine months ago I was in Arizona on one of those crazy hikes that Shan and Gary insisted we go on. And somewhere along the way, with Dennis being the only thing keeping me going with his endless jokes, I had an epiphany. I guess I figured, if I got off that mountain alive, I could handle having a baby. I told Rhett that I was finally ready, after his hounding me for over a year, and of course he was thrilled. That very next month we were pregnant. Words cannot describe how excited we were for this new addition to our family.

Jett is such a special boy. He has personality to spare. He makes everyone feel so loved and special when he runs, hugs you, and screams your name. He is not shy at all, going up to everyone and introducing himself and telling all about what he has been up to. Jett is always up for showing off his singing abilities as well as his story telling skills. So Jett, in your words, you are 'way cool' and 'so awesome!!' When I told Jett happy birthday he said 'happy birthday Mom.' Yes Jett, it is a happy birthday for me. It gives me such joy to see you grow into such a wonderful, happy boy.
My life is just that much SWEETER with you in it.

My attempt at making a car cake!
Such a fun birthday with all his cousins!






Cars, cars, and more cars!


Sawyer loved all the party goods too.

2 comments:

MariAna Williamson said...

Oh my gosh, they are so cute! I wish i got to see them more!

The Wiseman Life said...

Looks like you had quite the bash...how fun. You made such a cute cake MARTHA! Wow I am so impressed.
Jet really is a special little guy and so social. He is a cutie and I am glad you guys had so much fun celebrating the little guys birthday.