Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Farm life is the life for me


I made it! I made it to harvest time without checking myself into the nut house! Having a new baby in June, two other kids under four years old, and a husband that is Never around was a daunting task to say the least. There were days when Rhett would come home to all four of us crying. And now the end is near. I can see light at the end of the tunnel. After the craziness of harvest is over I will be a farm widow no more. So now I can take a breath, and enjoy my favorite time of year. Harvest, football, the weather, the leaves, the clothes, the food, all of the wonderful things about fall I absolutely love! And in the end, oh how I love all my farm boys! It was all worth it. Farm life is the life for me.

I have tried to give all you city slickers a little taste of the farm and to see how it all goes down at grain harvest. It is quite the operation to have all these things going at once.
After a long summer of hard work it is wonderful to see such great results. Jett spent almost all of harvest riding with Dad or Grandpa on the harvesters or the grain trucks. He loves playing in the dirt just like his Dad. Even little Jory and Sawyer got to ride a few rounds. It was a full house in the harvester this year!




My house is now full of wheat. We had it in our boots, our pockets, even some diapers came home full of wheat! But it sure was fun playing on that pile of wheat!




This is where we store our wheat. It is about 5 miles from our farm.



This pic really shows how big those harvesters really are.



Yes, Farm life is the life for me!

3 comments:

Rasmussens said...

Your family is so dang cute. Those pictures actually make me miss good old Rexburg.

Shalee said...

You guys are amazing! Lisey.... I admire you so much. You are SUPERWOMAN! These pics are priceless!

Nikki said...

I hope that you don't care that I'm following your blog. I love all of your pictures. Its fun to think of you as a true farmers wife, theres no pretending with those pictures:) I have also had my share of tears this summer. I think that I cried everyday for the first six weeks. Luckily Brighten has grown up a lot the past three months and we can now communicate better (like...don't throw the ball at Teagan's head etc, I'm sure you know:) Send me an email if you want an invite to my blog. luke_n_nicole@yahoo.com
You have a darling family... I'm glad all is well. loves...