Wednesday, October 21, 2009

You had a birthday shout HOORAY!

Jett waited for his birthday this year with much anticipation. His list of birthday presents that he would like, kept growing and growing. The two things that he most wanted were a grain harvester, just like Dad's, and a gun with fire on it. And as parents we will go out of our way to make all our kids dreams come true! So I set out trying to find a grain harvester that looked exactly like Rhett's. Well that was a little more difficult than I had anticipated, and more expensive of course. I looked everywhere I could think of. A week before his birthday I thought I would go to the local Cal Ranch store to see what they had. Well, I was in luck! They had any farm/ranch toy you could think of. They also had good prices. So he ended up getting what he wanted.

Then Rhett set out to make a fire gun for him. He went to a friends wood working shop and rigged up an awesome gun that shoots elastics. He even managed to get a little fire on that gun. Thinking ahead, he made two more for upcoming birthdays for other boys! I have a very handy husband. And then there is me. I am nothing like Martha Stewart. This cake was about all I could handle!


Opening presents was very serious business for Jett.

One of his favorite toys is his "life saver" that Aunt Suzie brought him. When he opened it he said "this is EXACTLY what I wanted!" He also really loves the spider man costume that is out on loan from Matthew. It was Matthew's favorite outfit to wear and now it is Jett's. Suzie couldn't get the costume off of Matthew, and now I can't get the costume off of Jett! Jett has never even seen the movie, but he is a real fan. He even knows how to throw webs.


Josh made him an awesome bow and arrow and he did it all himself. It was so cute. I have a house full of weapons now. Sawyer look out!



It took awhile for Jett to figure out how to load his elastic gun without shooting himself. So Grandpa and Dad sat down with him and figured out the best way to go about loading his gun without shooting his eye out! "You'll shoot your eye out!" this quote from the classic Christmas Story movie was running through my head as I watched from afar my sweet little boy loading his weapon of choice! And Dad looked on with a hint of pride in his eye.

At least he has a few experts showing him how it's done.
The grand finale was the blowing of the candles and making a wish. He loved his cake and asked every five minutes when he could eat it. He finally got to eat it and he loved it. The next day he also got to eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner! Another year gone, one happy boy, and one Mom that hates to see time pass by so quickly.

You had a birthday shout HOORAY!!!

1 comment:

Rasmussens said...

Happy Birthday Jett! Can you believe that they are four years old? Looks like you guys had a great birthday party.